Still time for another Christmas post! This time colour inspiration. As in the other posts this article is meant to inspire and help you work out colours that work well together by either looking at the real world or your photo albums. As makers of bespoke stationery we can work with a wide variety of colours to make invitations and stationery for our clients. This time the inspiration is taken from a Christmassy scene, a close up of a Christmas tree and it’s decorations. I’m going to focus on everything but the tree as dark green has never been a popular choice of colours from my clients. Though gold and green can work really well together. The colours from this post work really great for a brown – cream colour theme. A different way of at looking at brown colours (chocolate, coffee and autumn leaves being some of the most popular).
- Is from the darkest part of the bauble in the foreground 230D02
- Background colour 562600
- A mid-range colour taken from the gold coloured detail on the bauble A0590B
- From a non-gold detail part of the small bauble DA8100
- From the candle in foreground B47629
- From the ribbon on the bauble FDCB50
- Colour of the light FEFEFF